Palm oil is a hot topic right now. We’ve been to the edges of the internet to bring you our top 5 palm oil related links. We’ve managed to get a huge variety of useful and informative links – from the latest palm oil news, information about sustainable palm oil, a palm oil certificate trading program, and even a site to buy and sell palm oil.
- http://www.greenpalm.org/en/about-palm-oil/what-is-palm-oil – GreenPalm is a certificate trading programme, designed to tackle the environmental and social problems created by the production of palm oil. GreenPalm actively promotes sustainable palm oil production, and is directly endorsed by the RSPO.
- http://topics.bloomberg.com/palm-oil/ – Bloomberg is a site for the latest business news and financial information. They’ve even got a specific section just for palm oil news. If you’re invested in the palm oil industry, or simply take an interest in the palm oil market, then be sure to visit Bloomberg.
- http://www.alibaba.com/products/palm_oil/–20607.html – Alibaba is an award winning trade site for Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters, Importers, Buyers and Wholesalers. As of writing they have 6,879 items listed under palm oil.
- http://www.wwf.org.uk/what_we_do/safeguarding_the_natural_world/forests/forest_conversion/how_clean_is_our_palm_oil_.cfm – A great article showing the latest 2011 scorecard for palm oil buyers using sustainable palm oil. We’re very interested to see the improvements this year, however until this point we certainly recommend checking out the 2011 scorecard.
- http://www.rspo.org/ – The RSPO are the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm. They are a non-profit organisation which aim to promote the growth and use of sustainable oil palm products, by using global standards and engaging with stakeholders.
We hope you find these links to be as useful as we do. If you come across any interesting palm oil related links which you think we missed, be sure to let us know in the comments below and we’ll add them to our list!